Things that made me happy this week 1.26.13
- Spending a few days in San Francisco as frigid weather arrived in Chicago.
- The charcuterie platter at Chris Cosentino’s Incanto.
- Sightglass Coffee. Move over Blue Bottle. I think I have a new favorite San Francisco roaster.
- Seasons 1 and 2 of Shameless.
- The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman.
- The chicken pot pie from Bang Bang Pie Shop. A thing of beauty.
- The Beer Temple, a great new beer shop in my neighborhood.
- My dog catching snowflakes in his mouth.
- Michelle Obama’s bangs. Bang solidarity. Don’t hate.
September in photos.
Dinner at Yoshu in Logan Square. Crispy chicken skin, grilled oyster, squid salad, gobo root, striploin with shishito, grilled mochi.