April in photos. My, what a tasty month it’s been.
Nachos & blueberry lemonade at Sauce and Bread Kitchen. A much needed burst of color. #chicago #taste
January photos: leftovers.
Things that made me happy this week 1.26.13
- Spending a few days in San Francisco as frigid weather arrived in Chicago.
- The charcuterie platter at Chris Cosentino’s Incanto.
- Sightglass Coffee. Move over Blue Bottle. I think I have a new favorite San Francisco roaster.
- Seasons 1 and 2 of Shameless.
- The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman.
- The chicken pot pie from Bang Bang Pie Shop. A thing of beauty.
- The Beer Temple, a great new beer shop in my neighborhood.
- My dog catching snowflakes in his mouth.
- Michelle Obama’s bangs. Bang solidarity. Don’t hate.
Friday Top Five 1.11.13
My favorite things this week. Four of the five were enjoyed on Monday, which also happened to be my 32nd birthday. I suppose I could have tried to find 32 things I enjoyed this week, but alas I am old and that sounds exhausting.
1. Blueberry-Lemon Cake doughnut at Glazed and Infused.
2. Tostada de Betabel and platanos fritos at Big Star. This is how you do meatless Monday.
3. Ghost Pepper Mustard from Mess Hall & co. It’s made in Chicago with a touch of the world’s hottest peppers. Think mild, slow-burning heat with a touch of sweetness. Use it in a marinade for baked chicken thighs or a vinaigrette tossed with roasted broccoli. Find it at Provenance Food & Wine.
5. Jellies exhibit at the Shedd Aquarium. I was mesmerized. And I made this little video on my iPhone:
August in photos.
Friday Afternoon Haiku
three old man Cubs fans
wrong way on a Blue Line train
smells like wine coolers
July in photos.
The skillet soufflé from @MindySegal’s new Hot Chocolate. Gooey, salty, chocolatey heaven. #chicago (Taken with instagram)
Insalata Finocchio at Letizia’s Fiore. Fennel, orange, red onion, olives and really good olive oil. So simple and beautiful. #logansquare #chicago (Taken with instagram)